Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, May 25, 2007

pre-menstrual mishaps

I was doing so so well with my whole not crying thing - as previously mentioned i did not cry when Jenna's teacher essentially told me i looked fat; nor did i cry when heidi smacked her lip on the pavement later that afternoon and blood went all over my brand new shirt. (poor heidi - there was blood all over her, me, the pavement - it looked like a massacre. Leah didn't help much by standing there screaming "there's blood EVERYWHERE!!!!" It was only her gum luckily but she did have a fat lip for a few days). NOR did i cry when i burnt the Toad in the Hole the other night.

However, i did cry today. I was driving to music group, which is all of a kilometre away from the house; i went to turn left and as per the road code, gave way to traffic turning right, i turn next and BANG, misjudged where the kerb was and blew a tyre. As you can see, i don't like to do things by halves and thought a massive great big hole would obviously more dramatic.


I cried, i admit it! Luckily i was at music group and my lovely friend Tiffany is a proper grown up and knows how to change tyres, so she made me change it myself. Although at one point a rather rude man who obviously thought he was coming to save the day told me to "get out of the way and let me [him] do it". I firmly but politely told him that i was quite capable of doing it myself and had to learn. Honestly.

The worst thing is i've probably done the wheel alignment again and Adrian is probably not going to be very happy with me. Who gave me a licence? Seriously, i think i should have an extra clause on my licence that specifies no driving whilst pre-menstrual. Forget about not letting me drive at night, i'm fine then - just shouldn't be allowed on the road for about a week per month.

On the (only) plus side, i do now know how to change a tyre which is something i was worried about not knowing, and if i do ever get stranded on my own, i'll know how to do it.

I may be back to blog again, dependent entirely if Adrian kills me or not tonight *gulp*. I'm sure he won't......i think!

1 comment:

vicki_f said...

well done to you for changing a tyre... I'm v impressed. Last time I had a prob with my car I could only discribe it as "my car keep coughing"