Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Weight gainage

I am incensed. And also a little bit upset. I just dropped Jenna off at Kindy and her teacher came up to me, asked how my trip was and said "wow, you've put on weight.....they must have really fed you well in England" Isn't that just what every girl wants to hear after she comes back off holiday, or indeed, ever?

So of course i did what every self-respecting girl would do after she's heard news like that; i came home and ate a bacon sandwich and a big bag of crisps, topped off with a chocolate bar, and then i sobbed into my cup of tea. (well actually, that's a lie, i didn't cry - i've gone 4 WHOLE days without crying now, which is somewhat of a record this year! But i felt like crying, anyway)

The worst thing is, i know she's right, i have put on weight, and even worse than that, i can't even run or swim because of my dodgy hip, which i managed to hurt again last night. Must find a nice osteopath.

Thining about it, I actually blame Chris for my sudden weight gain, as he was a co-inventor of the Stilton Crumpet....the nicest way to eat a crumpet in the whole world, but i suspect, also highly calorific and not good for people's waistlines. In my defence, i HAD to eat as many as i could while i was there because you can't get a good crumpet here, and i went to the supermarket yesterday to get some Stilton and the cheapest little slither was no less than $10, which is an excellent deterrent to purchasing it.

Ah well, it's a good job i don't have any major psychological issues with my weight - people just shouldn't say things like that! Anyway, photo for the day, and one of my personal faves, my (weighty) self and the person i blame, Chris. (I'm sure, incidentally, that my expanding girth has nothing at all to do with the French Fancies, Hula Hoops or numerous lovely dinners out!)

No comments: