Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, August 20, 2007

Nice memories

aaah, well they left again :( I'm all depressed and gloomy again and wondering why on earth i live where i live. It was the most fun holiday though; i had a thoroughly lovely time. I'm too gloomy to write much today but in short, my highlights were, in no particular order

  • Spending a lovely day in Devonport
  • Having a picnic with all lovely organic foods from the Clevedon Farmers Market, all courtesy of Uncle Joe
  • Going away to a beautiful bach in Russell
  • Seeing pods of dolphins and seeing the look on Dad and Leah's faces
  • Watching Harry Potter with Chris
  • When a random man asked Chris teh way to Manukau (sometimes pronounced Mun-oo-ko), Chris thinking he'd asked the way to Monaco and told him to go to a Travel Agents down the road
  • The fact that Heidi never once called Chris by his name - he was always "Grandad", much to our amusement.
  • Having coffee out every single day
  • Spending a day out shopping at Sylvia Park with mum
  • Playing lots of Scrabble and Cranium, and most notably, Chris's interpretations of miming walking down an escalator, and a spring roll. I guess you had to be there, but take my word for it that it was hilarious :)
  • Talking to Claire at least twice a week; something i must do more often for i forgot just how much she always cheers me up
  • Going to the zoo for Dad's birthday
  • Watching the expression of horror on Adrian's face telling him that we had used approximately 400 tea bags in 3 weeks.
There were so many highlights and I'm sure I've forgotten some of them; i had such a great time, and the kids just loved waking up and having them in the house. It all feels very empty without them. Heidi keeps asking "Where Nanny?", Jenna has expressly told me NOT to talk about Nanny and Grandad and Chris or else she will get sad, and Leah has told me in no uncertain terms that she wanted to go back to England with them and that we need to go back soon. As for me, i have done all my usual sobbing and wailing, and Adrian felt so sorry for me that he bought me a pair of boots, which has appeased me somewhat.

Anyhoo, as usual will leave you with some photos of yesterday....enjoy :)



No comments: